Sunday, March 14, 2021

Isn't That Special?

 So, evidently Oprah interviewed Harry and Megan.  It was a blockbuster interviews.  I didn't watch it, although I have seen clips.  Turns out, the royal family is racist, or not, depending on your point of view.  

Harry, (bless his heart) is a Royal.  He did do his duty to country and Granmaa Liz.  Two tours, as I recall, in Iraq and the 'Stan.  Good for him.  He's a veteran.  Then he married Megan.  Poor Choice.

Megan (bless her heart)  is a psycho-chick.  We've all known at least one.  'Nuff said about that.

Oprah is a celebrity type (bless her heart).  Makes lots of money.  Gave away some cars a couple of years ago.  Says that if we use her face in a meme, it's "digital blackface".  Okay then.

Those three, Oprah, Harry, and Megan are so far removed from my sphere of reference that I cannot imagine what any of them might be bothered by.  They simply have no relevance to me at all.

I guess, if I had to categorize my indifference to this kerfluffle, it would be Maximum Indifference.

5 comments:

Old NFO said...

Concur with all... sigh

robert said...

I only have one question . " Harry ! What we're you thinkin' boy " ?

Mike Silvius said...

its all part of the O-barkie orchestrated kabuki theater.
https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2021/03/13/the-report-of-meghan-markle-preparing-a-bid-to-become-president-is-burying-the-lede

Judy said...

Robert - ever hear of 'any port in a storm'? The boy must of been experiencing a typhoon.

Another observation is the comparison to the Kaepernick character who was raised in a privileged environment, is worth millions, and then, bit the hand that was feeding him.

And who hasn't experienced stereo-typing or racism or whatever they are calling it these days? Making judgement calls based on appearances has been going on since before we climb out of the trees. Without it we wouldn't exist as a species.

kamas716 said...

I thought blackface would be in again now, since we're supposed to be 'less white'

@Robert, I suspect it wasn't so much what he was thinking as which head he was doing it with.

I didn't watch the interview, no interest in any of the participants, but I saw one analysis that said much of what was presented was either contradictory or flat out lies. In this day and age of 'journalism' that doesn't surprise me.