Monday, October 23, 2017

Pissing Off The Base

Folks are starting to notice that the attendance at NFL games is down.

According to Sports Illustrated, the TV ratings are down too.

The NFL is proving that it is not immune to market pressure.  When you alienate a large portion of your customer base, chasing social-justice goblins and call a large portion of your clientele racists, it's no surprise when they take their business elsewhere.

You'd think that the owners, being business people, would understand that.  But, maybe not.

For myself, I didn't watch any football this weekend.  I didn't get that bored.  But, I have to be awfully bored to watch spoiled millionaires play a child's game.

2 comments:

Judy said...

Yah, I think the coaches forgot to tell the players, "This job we have is for the purposes of entertaining the people who buy the tickets, which pay our salaries." Same thing with the folks in Hollyweird, your job is to entertain me.

kamas716@yahoo.com said...

I was very surprised to see that overall attendance in the NFL last year was up. I don't know how much of that was merely tickets purchased vs. butts in seats. I'll be interested to see how this year plays out. I for one am not consuming the NFL product this year.