Thursday, October 05, 2017

New Rifle

It's been a while since I bought a new rifle.  I have my rifles, and I'm happy with them, but with all the hoopla today that the anti-gunners are stirring up, on my lunch hour, I stopped by the local merchant of death to see what they had new on the racks.


Yeah, it's a lousy pic, but I'm tired.  That picture is it, right out of the box on the break-room table at work where I was showing it off.

It's a Ruger American Compact in .308 Winchester.  It is a lot lighter than I thought it would be, at about 6.5 lbs.    I've heard really good things about these rifles and it will be interesting to see if the hype holds up to the practice.

I'll have to put a scope on it, but that is a simple matter, the bases are already attached.  I've got a scope and some rings around here, so we'll work on that tomorrow.

4 comments:

The Displaced Louisiana Guy said...

Cool! And, yeah, I need to step up my game on getting an AR before some asshat decides I don't need one.

Retired Spook said...

If you need one, I've got a couple of Leupold M8 scopes, 4X, that aren't actively employed right now. Gimme a shout if you want to try one of them. (All my Minions have started out with a fixed 4X scope, because they didn't need the complications of a variable when they were just starting out.)

Anonymous said...

Cool gun. I've used a long discontinued Remington Mohawk 600 in the same .308 Winchester round for 40 years now as my go-to deer rifle. About a yard stick long, 6 1/2 pounds scoped. Recoil is noticeable but not unmanageable, the report is pretty loud so don't forget hearing protection, especially when shooting off a bench under overhead cover.

Otherwise - outstanding gun. I hope it works well for you. Keep an eye out for the weather, I hear Nate may be making landfall pretty close to your location.

Unknown said...

Hi there,

Thank you so much for the post you do and also I like your post, Are you looking for Buy Browning X-Bolt Pro Gun Online in the whole USA? We are providing Online gun store, Best online gun store, Discount gun sales, Best online gun store, Gun stores in USA, Buy 9mm AR pistol online, Purchase walther CCP 9mm in USA, Buy Browning x-bolt pro, Browning x-bolt pro in us for sale, browning x bolt hells canyon speed 7mm mag for sale, Buy 9MM 3829 in usa in low rate, PMC-BRONZE-9MM online in USA, when will ammo be back in stock, when will shotgun shells be back in stock, why is there an ammo shortage, when will guns be back in stock 2021, why are guns out of stock 2021, gun sales 2021 by state, gun registrations by state, gun registration database, how to trace a gun by serial number, gun serial number identification, can you look up a gun by serial number, gun serial number, how many digits is a gun serial number, moving serial number on gun, firearm serial number requirements, how to put a serial number on a gun, stamping serial number on gun, what to do with a gun without serial number, is surplus ammo safe, is handguns safe, Buy Rifles Online with the well price and our services are very fast.
Click here for title="The Best Hunting Rifle: Ruger American ">MORE DETAILS......

CONTACT US
Phone : +15592481585
Email: info@premiumgunmart.com