Wednesday, May 05, 2021

Civil Disobedience

 Mark Pulliam writes at Law and Liberty about compliance fatigue.

John Hinderaker calls for Americans to begin disobeying our feckless public health czars. He says “We need people to say, I’m taking this damn mask off. And if a harpy complains, to tell her or him to get stuffed. Seriously. The time has come.” I fully concur. The time for patience and forbearance is over. Let freedom ring.

I agree, and have felt this way for some time.  For the past several months, I've been quietly minding m own business in public, doing that I felt was necessary to do.  And honestly, no one has called me out for my lack of a mask.   However, if called out, I'm prepared o be both vocal and rude. I believe that no gentleman is ever rude accidentally, and in this case, it won't be an accident. 

6 comments:

B P said...

Relevant enough for you to post. Get stuffed, harpy.

Navy91 said...

Lol! What BP said!

Navy91 said...

In addition to what BP said, everyone needs to think about this. Covid19 isn't going to just go away. It's here, for life, just like influenza. So, how long are you going to keep running away and hiding from it? You can't see it, hear it, smell it, taste it, or feel it. How long until you take your life back? How long until you stop being afraid? Are you really going to spend the... rest... of your life hiding from it? With a 99% survival rate, we're long past time to take our lives back.

robert said...

Went shopping at Meijers this morning. I was the only Buckeye in the store without a mask . I received a couple of dirty looks but that's normal for me . I'm sort of a " Ruddy " guy . That's how the Bible describes King David so I guess it ain't that bad . Ain't ever been called a sheep though . A ruddy fookin' sheep I would be Ha!Ha!Ha!

Jonathan H said...

I only wear a mask or face shield when I absolutely have to go in there.

If a business pushes the issue, I tell them that they clearly don't want my business and I'll take it elsewhere.

Bob said...

I haven't worn a mask much in the last year, certainly not in my trips to the grocery store, and more importantly, not at work. My manager has nagged at me occasionally to wear one, and I complied to a small extent, until I got vaccinated. After I got my two vaccine jabs I put my foot down and refused to wear a mask at work.