Thursday, May 06, 2021

Jus' Wondering

I'm sure that you guys have sen this video that's been going around  Reportedly, it's about a woman who works for the CIA, and is told in her voice.



You have to wonder what is really happening in this video.  For someone who says that her life is not about checking boxes, she certainly checks a lot of boxes.  She claims to be an inter-sectional, cisgendered, female with a diagnosed emotional disorder.  Who works for the CIA.

During my career, I intersected with a few CIA guys, and I always wondered what the game truly was.  These are the "spooks" after all, the spies, the folks who focus on America's enemies. And today, rather than focusing on foreign threats, we know that the greatest threat to American security is an internal threat, the home-grown white supremacists.  So, we wonder why the CIA chose this time to put out this video, and what the game truly is.

That question should give everyone pause.  A psychologist once told me that paranoia is an irrational fear that someone is out to get you, and if they are really out to get you, you are not paranoid.

4 comments:

dogsledder said...

I don't even know what a inter-sectional, cisgendered, female " is. Nor do I care.

DaveS said...

I'm in the same boat, dogsledder. I just take stuff like that as a sign that I'm listening to a crazy person...

Old NFO said...

Yeah, this one is truly a head scratcher!!!

Anonymous said...

As a former soldier, I am more than a bit annoyed that she walked over the CIA Flash on the ground, at least when I was in walking over the Flas/Crest was a verboten act, and seen as very disrespectful.