Thursday, December 02, 2021

Flyover at Titans Stadium

It seems that the Army has raised the ire of the FAA after a flyover at the Titans-Saints game a couple of weeks ago.  Not that the Army cares.


I'm no aviator, but I am a solder and I know that we routinely did dangerous things while playing with our toys.  Tans, f example, are designed to kill people and don't much care what people they kill.  It's all in the training.

I am aware that the FAA regulates civil aviation in the United States, but I don't think that Army helicopters are civil aviation.  The FAA is a huge bureaucracy, and you know how I feel about bureaucrats.

1 comment:

Termite said...

It's a "mixed bag".

Military aviators are supposed to abide by certain FAA regulations, but if a military pilot breaks the rules, the FAA cannot "ground" the military pilot, only the the pilot's superiors can do that.

And much of it is subjective. Military aviation routinely does things that civilian aviation does not. They have to, it's part of their mission.

But, IMHO, these helicopters were too low, and should have been higher.