Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Shop Update - Up and Down

I bought materials this morning and worked int he shop this afternoon.    It doesn't look like much, but it's an 1/8 steel cable, mounted 18" off the wall at eave height.  That will support the fabric for the backstop for the wax bullet range.  Now that I've figured it out, tomorrow I'll hang the cable for the wing-wall curtain that will separate the end of the range from the shooter's seating/relaxing area.

Right side, with turn-buckle


I'll bet that I climbed up and down that 10-foot ladder 30 times today.  Invariably, I'd get to the top, realize that I needed something, then climb down.  Rinse, lather, repeat.  I'll feel it in my legs tomorrow.

Someone asked about insulation.  As soon as we get the electrical outlets/lights installed, I'm going to contract a fellow to blow in closed-cell foam.   My second son had it blown-in in his shop and it rally made a difference in making the building more air tight and easier to heat and cool.  He's cooling his shop with one 24K btu unit.  I have 800 more square feet,so I went with two 18K btu units  Heating isn't as much of an issue in these latitudes, and I'll use a small propane unit to take the chill off if necessary.

No comments: