I'm glad I don't date anymore. I've been happily married for a long time, and while I take my gal on dates, it certainly can't be considered a "first date". But, Insty leads me to an article on 10 things every intersectional feminist should ask on a first date.
It deserves a good fisking, sho here goes:
1. Do you believe that Black Lives Matter? Yeah, like I believe that white lives matter.
2. What are your thoughts on gender and sexual orientation? There are two genders. That is simple biology. Sexual orientation is more complex. Just so we're clear, can I see your boobs?
3. How do you work to dismantle sexism and misogyny in your life? Are you going to pick up the tab? Or do you intend to perpetuate societal conventions?
4. What are your thoughts on sex work? I had to give it up when I turned 40.
5. Are you a supporter of the BDS movement? No, President Bush has been gone a long time. (to the waiter) Check, please!
6. What is your understanding of settler colonialism and indigenous rights? Most of that happened locally, long before I was born. However, the indig folks nearby seem to be doing well with the casinos. Do you prefer blackjack, or craps?
7. Do you think capitalism is exploitative? Not nearly as exploitative as socialism. Have you noticed any toilet paper shortages around here?
8. Can any human be illegal? Oh, yeah! If you don't believe that, walk over near the waiters station and holler "Immigration Enforcement" and see how long it takes us to get our drink order. We'll be in here on Wednesday morning, waiting for them to hire new staff.
9. Do you support Muslim Americans and non-Muslim people from Islamic countries? No, I'd prefer that they support themselves. I'm tired of paying taxes to support people who come over here and won't work to make a living.
10. Does your allyship include disabled folks? Hell, some of my best friends are disabled folks.
Do people actually talk like this on a first date? But, my answers to the first three would probably have her running for the door.
Post a Comment