Thursday, November 17, 2022

Digging Trenches

 I went to Homey Depot this morning and rented a trencher.  Spent the morning digging a trench from the house to the shop. Then, burying the outdoor, burial rated ethernet cable in a PVC conduit.  I'm up to the shop now, and have made the curve our of the ground.  Awaiting second son, who will be here in an hour of so, and we'll finish the installation in just a few minutes after he arrives.  He does this sort of thing for a living, and I want his judgement on where to cut the hole in the wall.

This past Monday, I got a call from my ISP.  Earlier they had said that running internet to the shop was un-possible.  Now, they have decided that it can be done.  They have the work orders approved and want to schedule the installation.  I told them Never Mind.  I wanted to throw money at them, but they could not do it, so I took matters into my own hands.

Digging trenches is not a lot of fun, but it's done now, and we're almost there.

1 comment:

Steve Sky said...

If you don't mind, would you share pictures?

Steve