Sunday, November 06, 2022

At The Grocers

 Yesterday, Belle gave me a list and sent me to the grocers.  This had proven, in the past, to be a disaster, but she figured she would try it once again.  I got to the grocery and worked the list, and headed for the checkout line.  One of the items on the list was a rotisserie chicken.  One of those pre-cooked chickens that we use in recipes.

As I was checking out, I noticed that I had forgotten to load the chicken in the cart, so I mentioned to the cashier, a young lady. "Don't let me forget that dead chicken."

She looked up, startled, "Dead?"

I loaded the bag into the cart.  "Yeah, sweetie.  I'm fairly sure that this chicken is deceased."

As I pushed the cart through the door, she was still laughing.

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

LOL, I would HOPE it was dead... just sayin...