Friday, December 11, 2020

Brisket

 I do my brisket different than everyone else.  In the oven.  I put it in at 250 for 12 hours (overnight).  Then, I slice and trim it and let it rest for a little bit.


It's resting peacefully right now, and in a couple of hours I'll run it in the smoker for a little loving with good smoke.  Everyone tells me I'm doing it wrong, but no one culls it when it's time to fill a plate.  Folks ask me what I rub it with, and all beef needs is salt and pepper.  You can put anything you like one it, but all it NEEDS is salt and pepper.

Our annual club banquet it tonight, a pot-luck affair, and I'm bringing a brisket.

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Hard to go wrong with brisket! :-)

Alan said...

covered or uncovered?
in add'tn to salt and pepper, add any beef broth?