Tuesday, May 30, 2023

Tell Me It Ain't So

 I was talking with a fried last week about motorcycles.  I haven't ridden in fifteen years, but I told him that if I decided to start riding again, I'd probably trot down to the dealer and find a clean, used Harley.

This morning I got up to surf the internet with my coffee and find that Harley Davidson has teamed up with Budweiser to release a limited edition Budweiser can.

WTF?

This has to be one of the dumbest marketing moves since Dylan posted his picture on a can of Bud Light.  It wasn't that long ago.  Even the marketing guys at H-D surely could not have forgotten so soon.

So, the marketing execs at Harley Davidson watch Budweiser destroy its flagship brand and decide to hold hands with them as they jump off the cliff? I admit I am amused. And a bit baffled.  WTF?

6 comments:

juvat said...

Kinda makes one wonder what other bad decisions H-D is making in the motorcycle production and sales business, doesn’t it?

Anonymous said...

I used to own a Harley; it didn't handle the roads around me well and had some issues, especially starting in the cold. I traded it in towards a BMW - which at this point I rarely ride.
I'm thinking about going to a smaller around town dual sport.
To leave town on a bike around here I'd need a big bike for the distance and wind.

Old NFO said...

Harley isn't the Harley of old... sigh

Anonymous said...

Have you seen all the geriatric fairies on tricycles? They make an electric one now, too.
The world we knew is dead.
Mourn your fallen icons, but do not worship them.
They fell on their own sword.

Anonymous said...

My understanding is the gov is twisting arms behind the scene. The point is to demoralize and then bring economic ruin to these companies and employees when boycotted by "conservatives".

MissChelle said...

I saw a Bud Light commercial last night with country music in the background, and a group of wholesome looking people in their twenties with a guy's arm around a girl. Bud Light is massively trying to appeal to different audeiences. With that and their rebates on beer sales being offered now, I hope that americans dont forget who Bud Light has alread shown us that they are.