Friday, May 19, 2023

Beignets

Let's talk about beignets (ben-yeah).  It's nothing but a fried dough, like a donut, but square and sprinkled with powdered sugar rather than a glaze.  I've eaten them at Cafe Du Monde in New Orleans, and I've eaten them at home.  Momma used to make beignets when she had a sweet tooth.

One pro tip.  Do not inhale while you are eating a beignet.  You will invariably inhale powdered sugar and collapse in a fit of coughing.  Everyone around you will laugh.  Another pro tip.  Momma used to get out the flour and make her won dough.  It's simpler to go to the store and buy a box of mix.  The same stuff Bruce is using in the video below.  Amazon link here.


Back when the Swamp People show came out, one of Belle's nieces commented on Bruce, saying that he was a "snappy dresser".  I always thought that was funny.

5 comments:

BobF said...

If I may, Pro Tip #2: Don't wear a dark shirt. :-)

Old NFO said...

LOL, definitely not while eating beignets!!!

Anonymous said...

Ooohh! I’ve had beignets once, maybe . Want.

Anonymous said...

I too, have had them at Cafe du Monde. The beignets were great, but the chicory coffee must be an aquired taste.
DocV

BobF said...

Oh, hell. You done did it. I ordered 2 boxes a minute ago. :-)

All my years in the military, I've ordered from all over the place. My only real link to home, they were always a hit when I had people over, too.