Thursday, January 05, 2023

Thursday Notes

 The bank that has held my mortgage for the past 20 years has lost their damned minds.    The over-corotational mindset of the organizational hive is killing us all.  It used to be I could walk into a bank, talk with an officer, and get a problem solved.  Not any more.  Call 1-800-EAT-SH*T.

I'm buying a little piece of land. It's heir property and I an an heir.  I am conflicted about it, but the majority of the family wants to close this deal so that it won't become an issue later.

Because I'm buying the land, I'm buying a tractor, too.  About to close a deal on a clean, used Kubota with less than 400 hours on the engine.  That will let me mow the place, which is mixed meadow and timber.

The US House still has no Speaker.  I am conflicted about this.  As long as the Congress is crippled, they can't hurt us.  But, that lets the executive branch run wild, and there are no adults in charge.

This morning I started planning the state championship that I host every year.  It's in July, so we're not in a crunch for time, but the closer it gets, the crunchier I will get.

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Yeah, mortgage world is going nuts with the rate increases... Good luck with the State Championships!

Anonymous said...

The world does have that 'wheels coming off the wagon' feel, doesn't it?
Hang in there brother, we're all right there with you.
I too have switched banks recently due to very poor customer service. I like my new credit union much better.
I also just bought a Kubota! 2006 @ 145 hr B7800 for $14.5k with all the toys (tiller, bush hog, grader, cultivator, plow, etc.) Building the barn/shed to store it COST me over 1500! And I built the damned thing and its a gravel floor! Oy! Pressure treated lumber has come down, but it still ain't cheap.