Thursday, January 19, 2023

Davos

 As the world elites descend on Davos this weekend, the rest of us wonder what the big deal is?  Evidently, it's all about global warming climate change.  Net carbon, yada, yada.

It's hard to get a firm number.  Somewhere between 1700 and 200 private jets.  Those guys spew carbon worse than 99.9% of the world's population.  Yet, they talk like spewing carbon is a bad thing.  Hypocrisy at its finest.  I don't begrudge them their private jets.  If I could afford one, I'd fly it right into bankruptcy.

It's not the jets so much as them telling me that my diesel engines are going to kill the planet.  That my gasoline lawnmower is bad for the planet.

I am somewhat amused to learn that hookers are also in attendance.  Evidently, the world elites cannot get laid the old-fashioned way.  Then again, I don't think like an elite.  I had a rich uncle once tell me that "If it floats, flies, or f*cks, you are better off renting it."

It's not so much that the global elites get together at Davos that bothers me.  Good for them.  It's the arrogance and hypocrisy.  When they start acting like it's a problem, I might start believing it's a problem. 

3 comments:

Andrew said...

If they are really worried about the climate, they could have just has a zoom meeting

Anonymous said...

It never was about climate, all about change.
Its a ruse, a lie, a slight-of-hand to distract you. Effective, no? How many rights have you given up in the last 10 years? How many will you give up in the next 10? Ask the Dutch how thats going...?

Sabre22 said...

Climate Change the word salad of the month in a few months it will something else. If this was as big of a problem as they say it is why haven't the Rich F****** sold their beach front properties all their houses and purchase a small energy efficient house, sold all their cars and use a Electric one, an gotten rid of their yachts. If they truly believed this Con was real they would be. A thought there are approximately 5 million cows in North America. About 150 years ago there were 60 Million Bison which flatulating exactly the same a the cows and the earth survived.