Thursday, January 12, 2023

Ban On Gas Stoves??

 Evidently, the rocket scientists in the Biden administration are considering a ban on gas stoves.  Yeah, really.

A federal agency is considering a ban on gas stoves amid rising concern about the health risks associated with indoor air pollution from the appliances, particularly among children.

Hih!  The use of gas vs electic stoves has been a long source of contention between me and Belle.  She liked electric stoves.  I prefer gas.  She wins   She wins when the appliance is technically a stove.  I win when the appliance can be defined as "outdoor".  Our two stoves are electic.  The griddle, the fish cookers, the big burner I use to boil crawfish are all gas.

The fed agency in question is the Consumer Product Safety Commission.  This bunch of regulatory fascists are the same ones who make it impossible to pour gas out of a can.  This is pure regulatory overreach, and a pox on them all.

3 comments:

KurtP said...

You can have my gas stove when you pry it from my oven mitt enclosed hands!
:-D

Anonymous said...

They claim it isn't a ban because it will only apply to new stoves...
Isn't air quality EPA jurisdiction?
Or does the CPSC feel it needs more limelight?

Justin_O_Guy said...

Yeah? F them! Put a warning on them. Let the People choose.
One day, I won't be able to walk. Because, with any luck,I'll have a bureaucrat jammed on each foot.
I'll bet such tyrants wake up screaming just knowing that people ride motorcycles and climb rocks.