Friday, January 06, 2023

Kubota

 Taking charge of the family property, I knew we would need a tractor to pull a mover (bush hog, shredder, whatever you call them).  So, I started looking around and found a fairly low hour Kubota on a tractor lot.  With a loader.  It's a 2010 Kubota L3400 with less than 400 hours on the clock.  I talked to some tractor folks I knew who said the price was decent, so I pulled the pin on it.


That is second son, tying it down.  Grandson on the operator's chair.  Second son is an ace mechanic by trade.  He owns a mini-hoe and has some dirt work to do around his place, so he will use it until he is done, and is able to make sure that everything is tight and right.  Then we'll move it to the family property when the spring mowing season arrives.

I haven't owned a tractor for over 20 years, and the ones they are making today sure have a lot of bells and whistles.  My old tractor was a Yanmar with a geared transmission and served me well.  This Kubota has a hydrostatic transmission.  That will take a little getting used to, but I feel like I am up to the challenge.

4 comments:

Old NFO said...

Nice find, and good luck with it!

BobF said...

On the one hand, you've added more work in the form of land care, but on the other hand you surely seem to have acquired a good piece of equipment to do it, and maybe a bit of helpful labor to go along with it. I know two people who own the Kubota brand and they are both ardent supporters.

M60tanker@cox.net said...

I owned, and used the heck out of a Kubota compact utility tractor with the hydrostatic tranny. Very handy for back/forth work like using that loader. Congrats Sir on a fine buy!

Andrew said...

My BIL has a 4600 and it works great, the only problem he has is once in a while he has to hose off and spray some lube on the hydro pedal linkage under the left side of the floor board because it gets dirty/muddy and the foot pedal won't go into neutral when he takes his foot of off it