Monday, January 09, 2023

The Power of Prayer

 You don't have to convince me about the power of prayer.   I've seen it, I've lived it, I believe it.

I don't follow football.  I couldn't name many teams in the NFL, much less any players, but last week I was shocked to hear that a player, Damar Hamblin, had suffered a heart attack on the field.  Like many of you, I lifted up a prayer of hope and healing for the young man.

I do remember when Tim Tebow was mocked and ridiculed for offering prayer on the field, but I am heartened to lern that Hamblin is doing well, and that players everywhere are offering prayers for his spedy and complete recovery.  More importantly, offering these prayers publicly, on the field.

The unconvinced tend to mock us for prayer, but many of us have seen it work in our daily lives. I believe that God works in mysterious ways and perhaps the travails of Damar Hamblin  are part of God's plan.  I do not presume to know the mind of God, but I am heartened that prayer is once again part of the NFL.

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Amen to that. AND the cameras are NOT cutting away from the prayers.