Friday, February 03, 2017

Fastenal

Heretofore, I had been buying small hardware at my local hardware store.  But, I'm building targets and need a lot of little 10x28 screws to put a target together.  (Each target takes 6 screws)

So, yesterday on my break I popped into Fastenal to see if I could get a bulk deal.  Yowser!  I picked up 200 machine screws with nylock nuts for less than I'd pay for a dozen of the same screws at my local hardware store.  They didn't have any socket knob screws in stock, but they can order them a heck of a lot cheaper than I can get them at the hardware store.  They'll be in Monday, and I'll pick them up after work.

I"m quickly becoming a fan of Fastenal.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My dad loves Fastenal. Happy shopping.

Anonymous said...

If I need more than about 25 of any screw, bolt, or other such fastener, I go to Fastenal or some other such dealer. I decided last year to floor my small utility trailer, and got all the bolts, nuts, and washers online, with free shipping, at about 1/4 the cost of Lowe's, Home Depot, or the local hardware store.
--Tennessee Budd