Friday, September 30, 2022

Last Day

 It's the last day in September, a turning point in the seasons.  I just finished mowing the yard, and it's a point of debate whether I'll be forced to mow grass again this year.  The weather has moderated considerably this week, and it seems that the grass has entered a dormant phase.  Whether that is the weather or the lack of rain we have had over the past few weeks is still open for discussion.

Squirrel season starts tomorrow and folks are heading to the woods.  They will have nice weather, although the leaves on the ground are as dry as corn flakes.  Still, squirrel camp is a big deal around here.

The seasons are changing, and I'm glad to see it.

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Yep, glad to see the weather 'break', but we need rain badly.

Matthew W said...

I have one more mow this year and even if I miss it (like I did last year) it will be alright.