Monday, August 01, 2022

August 1st

 We flipped the page on the calendar this morning, and it's going to be another hot day here in central Louisiana.

I see that Nancy Pelosi is doing a whirlwind tour of Asia and is supposed to stop in Taiwan.  The ChiComs aren't pleased about it, and they are making noise. As much as I despise Nancy Pelosi, I despise the ChiComs more. I think that she should go to Taiwan, just to show the ChiComs that they cannot dictate American interests anywhere on the globe.

In other news, I see that the Ukrainians hit the Black Sea Fleet HQ with a drone strike.  From reports, a homemade drone.  Good for them.

I have to leave the house in a little bit to take my buddy on his first-of-the-month errand run.  He can't drive and I help him out when he needs wheels.  I haven't seen him in a couple of weeks, we've both been busy.  Me, with the shooting, and he with the Gideons.  

Got the electric bill this weekend, and almost had a stroke.  Largest electric bill ever.  By a good margin.  There is something on the bill called a Fuel surcharge, and the total beside that line was bigger than the basic electric bill.  Our local electric plant burns either lignite, or coke, and they ship it in by water or rail, depending on what is available.  Under Biden's economy, the cost of getting the fuel here is getting crazier every day.

I think I'll cook red beans and rice for lunch today.

2 comments:

Steve said...

So if the Chi-coms shoot her and the plane down....what international law did they break? And would that give the USA the justification to "go to war" with the yellow man?

Trailer For Sale Or Rent said...

Red beans and rice... almost heaven.