Friday, August 19, 2022

The Buddy Heater

 I learned to like these things when I was deer hunting from a box stand.  On a cold, frosty morning I'd get in the stand before daylight, turn the heater on, and in a few minutes I was comfortable.  I had two of them, but they were given away when I quit deer hunting.  In the winter time, I heat the shop with propane and there are cool spots, especially around Belle's feet.

I checked Amazon for no particular reason this week, and these little heaters are on sale.  It came in today, so I loaded a one-pound bottle on it and gave it a test run.  We're good now, till the winter and Belle's feet get cold.


I may order an adapter hose so that I can hook it directly to a 20 lb propane bottle.

4 comments:

BobF said...

Have had mine for years. I run it on dual 1# bottles that I refill from my 20#. Excellent heaters.

Alan said...

Need to get one of those.
Research says with the longer hose contaminants in the rubber will cause clogging. There's an extra filter you can buy.

Old NFO said...

Nice little units.

Anonymous said...

bought 3 after the snowpocalypse in tx 2 years ago...that way if we lose power again i can put 1 in each bathroom and one by the kitchen sink...probably need 1 more for the living room and or bedroom...wally world carries them if you don't want to wait on amazon to bring it...they normally have the adaptor hose for the 20 also...