Thursday, May 12, 2022

Wideners

 Back in the day of easy ammo availability and easy to find reloading components, I shopped at several places.  When I was looking for something for hunting or shooting, I'd look online at Midway USA, Natchez Shooter's Supply, Graf's or Wideners.  Those were my go-to places I'd start looking.

Then came the Obama ammo crunch and later the Covid ammo crunch, and supplies dried up.  Primers have become extremely hard to find, and I have had to widen the search.  

Monday, May 9, I was checking email, and I saw an email from Wideners.  Asking if I'd like to do a product review.  I replied, telling them that I am always happy to do a product review, and what did they have in mind?  Later that same day, I got another email with a discount code, and they told me to order some ammo and review it.

Full Disclaimer:  Free ammo?  Hell yea!

So, I went looking on their website.  I was looking for .32 H&R magnum, but no joy.  However, I did pick up some Remington Green box in 30-06, some CCI Mini-Mag in .22LR, some Winchester white box in .357, and a box of Fiocchi 9mm.

Thursday, May 12, checking email, I found a shipping notice.  It's on the way.  According to the shipping notice, the order was placed on May 9, it shipped on May 10, and it should get here on May 12.  In these days of Covid disruptions, that is great service, and it doesn't surprise me that Wideners gives great service.  They have been doing that for years, and I'm glad to tell everyone that I am a customer.  I'd love it if they could get some Rio or Nobel Sport shotgun primers, but no one else can get them either.  I can't blame them for that.

Am I going to review the ammo?  C'mon, it's Remington Core-Lokt, and Winchester white box.  Nothing fancy, just good, solid ammo.  What I will review is Wideners customer service.  They are still in business, and still serving the shooting community.  They have always given me good service and good products at reasonable prices.  I'm glad to see that they survived Covid, and I hope that they continue to be around for a long time.

1 comment:

pjk said...

I can second your review of Wideners customer service. I haven't purchased anything from them for quite a while as I heavily stocked up on primers and powder just before the Obama shortage started.

They were always great, fast shipping and secure packaging.

pjk