Thursday, May 12, 2022

New Hat

 Plundering around in town today, I stopped in a Western store to look for a new straw hat.  It's getting summer, and my straw hat is getting ratty.  I need a new one.  I rejected all the offerings as too standard.  They all had a Cattleman crease, and I detest the Cattleman crease.  I prefer either a pinch-front or a gambler's crease.

Rejecting all the straw offerings, I happened to look at the felt hats, and one spoke to me. It's black felt, crushable.  It's probably hotter than hell, (which is what I need in the Louisiana summer /sarc), but it spoke to me, so I bought it.

I took it home and added my regalia, and Belle approved.


Belle and I are traveling to Deadwood, SD in June for the National Championship of Cowboy Fast Draw, and this hat is making the trip with me.  Hopefully, it will be a bit cooler in South Dakota.

No comments: