Saturday, April 03, 2021

So, This Guy

 I was busy yesterday, and missed most of it, but this guy slammed his car into a barricade at the Capitol, killing one police officer and injuring another.  In typical rush-to-judgement, the lefty twitter went craxy, saying it was a white supremacist, Qanon Trump supporter.

Not so much.

Turns out, it was none-of-the-above.  Some dude with a blade and demons in his head, having a very bad day.  It's tragic on so many levels.  I pray for the officer who died, and also for the officer injured.

The most horrific part is the rush to judgement.  In all my career as a police officer, I've never seen the rumors get it right yet.  It's a lesson that some people never learn.

Now, on this Holy Saturday, I'll soon start preparing for a family event.  Belle's family is gathering at the matriarchal home to celebrate family.  I have some cooking to do, and will begin the prep shortly.  Ya'll have a blessed Easter weekend, and I'll catch up with you on the other side. 

2 comments:

Termite said...

Maybe he identified as a "Black Muslim Christian white supremacist QAnon supporter.......

Steve said...

Heh, maybe he just identified as a mooslime and was trying to inflict a bit of tragedy on the Holy Week