Thursday, January 28, 2021

The Role Of Science

 I see, in the continuing train-wreck of the Biden bullshit, that he has ordered a sweeping review of government science integrity policies.  That would be great.  We want our scientists to have integrity.

They could start by running off Dr. Anthony Faucci.  I've seen his "science" change many times during the past year.  From no masks, to wearing masks, now to wearing two or more masks.  Google it yourself.  It's plainly been his advise since the pandemic began.  We are really not sure what is science, or what is his desire to preen for the camera.

I understand that science changes over times.  Galileo was tried for his insistence that the Earth rotates around the sun.  Even Einstein admitted that he blundered from time to time.  There is some settled science, but we should always be aware that scientists are fallible, and that scientific thought changes over time.  There are a few immutable scientific facts, laid out mostly by Euclid, Archimedes, Newton, and yes, Einstein.  But, there are also scientific questions that don't have hard answers.

I know a few scientists, and it is really refreshing to hear them tell me that they might not know the answer to a particular question.  When I hear a scientist say "We used to believe this, but now we think that ....", I know that they are telling me the truth.

What would really be refreshing is to hear politicians admit error.  Not all policies are grounded in fact, and sometimes do more harm than good.  When the science seems to be changing on a weekly basis, and the politicians are making changes based on those shifting sands, it doesn't engender confidence in their policies.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"From no masks, to wearing masks, now to wearing two or more masks."

Science learns, and adapts.

Unlike decrepit old dinosaurs who have no clue what they're talking about. Stay with playing your silly little cowboy games.

robert said...

Science has now been politicized . Modern medicine left the tried and true ways because you can't trademark a natural herb or plant . Therefore you can't charge $200 for a dose in anyone can grow it . My doctor prescribed Flonase for an ear ache I had for several months . It helped but after a month I started getting 2 or 3 colds/flus / viruses each week . I started researched Flonase and found out it destroys your immune system . After more research I discovered that a Mullien flower infused oil would heal my ear ache and I made it myself from mullien plants in my own garden . And it worked ! Free!

dogsledder said...

You must understand that the democrats/communists only want POWER and CONTROL. Every single policy that they advocate is designed to give them more power and control. They will push for something one day then push for the exact opposite the next day if it will help them seize more power. POWER and CONTROL is their ONLY GOAL. Not equality, not fairness, not prosperity (except for their own elite leaders), not a better life for the masses, only POWER and CONTROL. Don't ever forget this.

Sabre22 said...

Fauci is not a scientist he is an INEPT Bureaucrat that does not know which end a rectal thermometer goes in.