Thursday, January 21, 2021

Pray for Joe

 As Christians, it is our duty to pray for our leaders.  I don't necessarily consider Joe Biden a leader; that term means something to people who have actually led other people.  Joe is more like a government functionary, but that's not the point.

In 1 Timothy 2:1-4 we learn:

First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way. This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.

I will pray for Joe Biden, so that I might lead a quiet life, Godly and dignified in every way. Others have noted, as have I, that his vice president is waiting in the wings, probably pulling the strings, but also knowing that her path to power lies through Joe.  It is in our best interests that Joe remain healthy, and marginally sane, so that we will not be  imperiled by a Harris presidency.

I'm sure that dr. Jill is pumping him with vitamins and supplements and healthy food.  Doing everything she can to keep him alive.  This is a good thing.  I am also sure that this morning, all over the country, office pools are springing up, regarding the dark thought that pervades our dreams.  The nation's newspaper of record, reported yesterday.

WASHINGTON, D.C.—Shortly after being sworn in Wednesday, Joe Biden looked down and saw his shadow, predicting just six weeks of being president of the United States.

Let us pray. 


2 comments:

Termite said...

The Babylon Bee is great sarcasm; nearly as good as the old Mad Magazine.

Judy said...

My prayer is for my country. May God fill us with his presence and return us back to the Representative Republic my ancestors fought and died for. One Nation, under God, with Liberty and Justice for All.