Friday, January 29, 2021

Crawfish Season


T'other day, Belle had to travel down 107 and noticed that our local crawfish boiler, Tom's Seafood, was open.  It looks like it's crawfish season in Louisiana.

She's running errands right now, but she tells me that on her way home, she is going to pick up some crawfish. Generally this time of year, we eat crawfish on Friday afternoon, and start happy hour a little bit early.  That's fine with me.

The dawg and I are awaiting her return.  It's Five O'clock somewhere.

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

That's great! And a bit early, but it IS Louisiana... LOL

robert said...

I had some crawfish a few years back when I visited the Big Easy for a company meeting . My but it was delicious . I believe they called it Etouffee . Can't figure out why folk up here in the Buckeye can't get it . Crawfish are all over this state in every creek and pond .