Sunday, January 31, 2021

Linked

 The first time I ever heard about some guy named Mas Ayoob, I was a young cop in Natchitoches, LA, back during my early career.  He wrote an article in some long-lost magazine about the infamous 1986 Miami shootout.  For you youngsters out there, law enforcement changed after that shootout.  Everything we did was re-examined.  It is hard to underestimate what a tsunami that encounter spawned.  

Ever heard of the .40 SW cartridge?  It was a direct result of that shootout.

Massad Ayoob is still at it, writing and taching, and he writes at Backwood Home Magazine, where he keeps a blog.  And, he linked to my piddling blog.  That's cool.

But, before I get a swelled head, the dog is reminding me that I need to go cut up some tasso to put in the lima beans we're having for lunch.  We have people coming over in a couple of hours, and it's time to get busy.

To any readers of Ayoob's blog, welcome.  Pull up a chair and get a cup of coffee.

2 comments:

BobF said...

Mas has written 2 books I strongly recommend to others when they tell me they are considering buying a gun. If the brain isn't willing the hesitation... I and 2 sons attended his MAG20 course in Iowa (I FL, 1 son IA, 1 son NV). Heartily agree he is an authoritative source and also a good writer. Glad to see he has found you, too!

RHT447 said...

That article inspired my purchase of a Benelli Super 90 M1. Still have it.