Tuesday, January 05, 2021

A Problem

 My truck won't start.  That is The problem.  It's an '01 Ford with nearly a quarter million miles on it.

Sometimes when you're looking at The problem, you find a bunch of little A problems.  "Well, that's a problem,.  And that's a problem."  Once you fix the "a problems", The problem goes away.  That's where we are now.  My second son is a fine diagnostician and we know what it's not.  It's not the starter and it's not the alternator, but we haven't found The problem.  Just a series of "a problems".  I'll start working on those in another hour, and he'll come by this afternoon with some diagnostic tools.

We'll figure it out.

I note that Georgia is voting today, after a couple of weeks of mail-in and early voting.  Sometime this evening, they'll start counting the votes.  And we all remember what Joe Stalin said about counting votes.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rack the shifter into gear and back to park, vigorously. If it doesn't see that it is in park, it won't start (you could also try starting it in neutral). Had to replace the position sender on my 01 F-250 with 235k after several intermittent events, even towed a no-start in and it started right away for the tech because it had been in neutral for towing. Irritated my wallet for all the diagnosis time!

Mike the EE

Anonymous said...

I have another air injection switch coming from eBay (my Tundra has two and I replaced the other one in May) after the second one failed and put my truck into limp mode. They last about 150,000 miles before they quit and I have 151,000 on it now. I keep my scan tool in the truck to clear the codes and get out of limp mode until the replacement arrives. It lives on the top of the engine on each side and takes less than an hour to swap out. It is just a stupid emission system that helps burn off extra fuel in the first 30 seconds after startup while the engine is cold and running rich. There is a modification to eliminate the system, but I don't envision myself ever having to replace these again.

dogsledder said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
dogsledder said...

If they take away our power to vote, and it looks like they have, we will have to vote the same way that the Minutemen did- with our weapons. And they not only asked for it, they forced us into it. Give no quarter.