Wednesday, November 09, 2016

Trump Win Sparks Protests

It seems that some folks are upset at the outcome of the election. The search string "Donald Trump protests" give about a half-million returns.

They're pissed off in California, and we hear the wailing lament "He's not my president."

Even in the depths of my despair, lo those years ago, I knew that Barack Obama was president.  Even in my angst, I acknowledged that he had won, fair and square.  I detested his politics and his administration, but he is the President.

Now, the liberals despair and try to deny the truth.  It would be laughable if it were not so pathetic.

I expect children to throw a temper tantrum, and I admit that I understand what they are feeling.  The difference is that I'm an adult.  It's not my intention to insult them, but to remind them that elections are won and lost, the sun will still come up in the morning, and will set in the evening.

So, to all those feeling disaffected, I say this.  Calm down, it's going to be okay.  You may have to actually go out and get a job  You probably won't starve to death.  Very few people do.  Your rights will be protected and your life will go on.  The pendulum has swung just a little bit, the adults are in charge.

It's time to make America great again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yes.