Thursday, November 17, 2016

Cry-In?

Colleges and universities are having "cry-ins" and therapy sessions for students who are traumatized over the election of Donald Trump.  Seriously?
Around the nation, students are turning to the tools of toddlers as a bizarre form of therapy in the wake of Donald Trump's election last week. Colleges and universities are encouraging students to cry, cuddle with puppies and sip hot chocolate to soothe their fragile psyches, an approach some critics say would be funny if it weren't so alarming.
Great Jumping Jehoshaphat on a stick.   College is not a place to coddle crybabies.  College is a place to demand rigorous thinking, to challenge assumptions, to explore options and to meet standards.  I believe that if I were a college administrator and my students came to me with a request for a "cry-in", I'd schedule it, but I'd invite military recruiters to attend.

It's time to grow up, children.  Grow up quickly.  Your country needs you.  Crying ain't going to help.

6 comments:

Old NFO said...

Makes a 'college education' even more suspect in this day and age... Reality sucks, and they won't be able to deal with it...

Anonymous said...

This generation apparently is burdened with an overabundance of Pajama Boys (and Girls). It's by no means all of them, of course--witness your own family, and others. I have a stepson who's a fine young Marine, & he has nothing but contempt for these losers.
--Tennessee Budd

Robert Fowler said...

I got a unverified report that at the University of Iowa, a professor brought in a pony.

Anonymous said...

Enhance your calm. Demerits for the hate double hate talk,

BobF said...

Says more about staff and faculty, not to mention various boards, than it does about the students, in my opinion. Problem is the students will be around longer.

Jack said...

Good show, Dennis. I'm guessing the undergrad population has

a contingent smart enough not to cross swords with their Marxist

professors... :)