Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Levi's?? Really??

Well, I guess I'm through wearing Levi's.  It appears that they're going gun-free.
Levi Strauss & Company, the 163-year-old denim company, has announced (or rather "clarified") its policy for possessing firearms while shopping in its stores.
You can go read all the yada-yada at the link above, but here's a link to Levi's statement.
 Providing a safe environment to work and shop is a top priority for us at Levi Strauss & Co. That imperative is quickly challenged, however, when a weapon is carried into one of our stores. Recently, we had an incident in one of our stores where a gun inadvertently went off, injuring the customer who was carrying it.
That's fine. If Levi's doesn't want guns in their store, that's their right.  And, I'm through wearing Levi's.  That's my right.  I guess I'll be wearing Wrangler or Lee from now on.

8 comments:

Counter Jockey said...

Levis have been anti gun for years. Came out as such after Sandy Hook. I,only buy them now from overstock dealers or go with Wranglers from Tractor Supply. Lee's are the jeans of the yuppy

Daddy Hawk said...

The wording of the statement was pretty benign in my opinion in an apparent attempt to take a position without being blatantly anti second amendment in the process. Nice try, but keeping their mouth shut and simply posting a sign would have done the job without calling attention to their position and alienating half their customers in the process. Having said that, the person who shot themselves while in the store needs a refresher on "STOP TOUCHING IT" because they don't just "go off". Unless he has the one gun that really does think those jeans make his butt look big.

Anonymous said...

It was long before Sandy Hook that I emailed Levi Strauss & Co. and asked about their support of the anti-gun Tides Foundation and received a reply of how proud they were to support all things anti-gun.

Up until then I would wear nothing but Levis. Nothing Levis or Dockers or anything else made by Levi Strauss has been in my house since that day.

I've since found Texas Jeans USA, a company that guarantees that their products are 100% made in the USA. I own a pair and plan to buy more.

And if you want to see how gun friendly they are, check out the "concealed pockets" jeans.

Retired Spook said...

Don't bother me a bit! I've been wearing Wranglers since I started rodeoing in 10th grade. All the bronc and bull riders wore Wranglers, even back then. Don't think I've ever owned a pair of Levis, or Dockers. Even my denim jackets are Wranglers.

I always thought Levis were overpriced and overrated.

Old NFO said...

I was switching to Wranglers anyway... sigh

Anonymous said...

Back in the great state of Wisconsin; all we wore were Levis.
Here in Texas Wranglers!!!!!

Steve

Anonymous said...

I can heartily recommend Riggs brand workwear jeans by Wrangler. Top notch. Have been wearing them for years.

Denis from the GC.

Titan Mk6B said...

I gave them up when they hit $50 a pair. No regrets.