Monday, November 21, 2016

Pork Loin

A pork loin is one of my favorite "covered dish" recipes because it is so easy.  There's really nothing to it.  I'm taking one to the church tonite, and while we're waiting for Milady's carrot souffle to bake, we've got time to talk about pork loin.


Pork Loin

One whole pork loin.  That picture above was about eight pounds.  It don't matter, just go buy some pork loin.  Put it in a baking dish and season it.  I use Tony Chachere's, but any good salt/pepper seasoning will do.  Make sure that when you put the loin in he baking dish, you put the fat cap on top.  During cooking, that fat will melt down through the meat, keeping it moist.

Bake covered at 360 for four hours.  I bake mine in the oven, and it works out just fine.  After four hours, take it out, uncover and let it rest for a half-hour, then slice and move it to your serving dish.

I'm taking this one to the church.  I've covered it with aluminum foil and it's resting on top of the warm stove to keep it warm unti we're ready to leave.  Milady is baking a carrot souffle, which is wonderful baked in a dish, but I'll have to wait on that recipe.  I don' have a clue how she does that.

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

That's a nice sized pork loin! :-)

Peripatetic Engineer said...

I butterfly it and my wife makes a roll with herbs and spices.