Thursday, November 24, 2016

Thanksgiving Cooking

We've got the crew coming over in an hour or so, and we're cooking for the Thanksgiving meal.  Some of you might remember that Milady bought me a smoker back in the spring of 2014.


As nice as it is for smoking meats, one benefit of this thing is that we can use it as an additional oven.  No smoke, and crank the heat up.  I got started an hour ago, with a smoked turkey that I bought last week.  All it needs is to be heated, so I cranked the heat up and put it in the smoker with no smoke chips.  In another hour, I'll put two small hams for heating.

So, with the smoker regulated to 350F, I'll have a turkey and two hams getting ready with yet another shelf available if someone brings something that needs to be heated.  This leaves Milady's in-the-house oven available for her use.  She'll be baking rolls and a bread pudding.

We'll say grace about noon, and prepare to consume the traditional Thansgiving meal.  Turkey, ham, dressing potatoes, gravy, green bean casserole, and yams.  With yeast rolls, and assorted desserts for afterwards.

I wish all my friends and readers a very happy Thanksgiving.  It is my sincere hope that your holiday is as joyful as mine.  I truly believe that I am the luckiest man in the world.

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Pretty much duplicated that out here too! And just now recovering (a bit)... :-)