Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Sewerage

My sewerage problems continue to rock my world, and they're centered on the inlet to the treatment plant that was required when the house was built.  When the sewer district was formed, the homeowner, rather than taking the treatment plant out of the mix, instead took the easy route and simply tied the outlet of the treatment plant into the sewer system.  Now, I've got one hellacious clog in the inlet of the treatment plant that's giving me fits trying to figure out what's in there.  I believe that there's a T in there that I can't get the plumbing snake to go around.  It simply butts into the flat side of the T and I'm stuck.

Of course, this whole time I'm trying to fix my problem, I'm standing on my head in raw sewerage.  Fun, fun, fun.

Talking to the sewer district is no help.  I asked one simple question (Do I need the plant, or can I route around or through it) and they can't seem to give me an answer.  If I don't get an answer tomorrow I'm going to answer the question myself whether they like it or not.  None of my neighbors have treatment plants, so I'll assume that the code says I don't need one.

It's time to start using my Google-fu and get educated on sewerage treatment plants.

4 comments:

Old NFO said...

Ouch... NOT fun... Hope you get it worked out one way or the other!

MSgt B said...

That's miserable PawPaw. Not a very good time of year for it, either. Good luck.

BobF said...

Heh. I came to amn abrupt stop when I read "...hellacious clog in the inlet of the treatment plant that's giving me fits trying to figure out what's in there."

Sorry, but my brain immediately went "Hell, *I* know what's in there!"

Then I realized you were talking about plumbing configuration.

Mea culpa. :-)

And don't get me started about when we dug out the old and made a new one at the fishing camp in Waveland, Mississippi way back when. Nothing in life so foul before or since.

Good luck with it all.

Anti Money Laundering said...

Too bad sewerage experience, hope you get what you need from google.