Friday, September 05, 2008

Rasmussen on Palin

There's a poll out today about Sarah Palin. Most people regard her favorably.
A week ago, most Americans had never heard of Alaska Governor Sarah Palin. Now, following a Vice Presidential acceptance speech viewed live by more than 40 million people, Palin is viewed favorably by 58% of American voters. The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 37% hold an unfavorable view of the self-described hockey mom.
Lets see. 58 favorable, 37 unfavorable. That leaves 5 percent undecided. Those are good numbers.

I like her. I like her stance on energy, I like her stance on government. I like her stand on the environment. I also like the "warts" that she's displayed. The problem with her daughter's pregnancy resonates with me. The way she handled her last pregnancy resonates with me. She seems to be more attuned to the difficult decisions that normal Americans make every day. It seems that she's one of us. Someone I'd like to have over for supper, to talk about hobbies and family and getting the bills paid on time.

I didn't listen to her speech the other night. I was busy with hurricane recovery. She'd probably understand that.

No comments: