Monday, September 08, 2008

Office Talk

I was talking with a teacher today, an experienced professional educator. She graduated from high school in the late 60s or early 70s, hippy-dippy type, very free spirited. In college, she was the president of the Young Democrats.

I asked her what she thought about Sarah Palin. She sighed. "I've never voted for a Republican my whole life. I'm not sure what I'm going to do. She isn't Hillary..." her voice trailed off. "I'm just not sure what I'm going to do. I won't know, probably, until I step into the voting booth."

This gal is a Hillary supporter. Last election, her car had Kerry bumper stickers. She was a huge Bill Clinton supporter. She thinks that the Carter presidency was an unqualified success. Yet, suddenly, the Sarah Palin nomination has her conflicted.

I suspect that there are a lot of folks that think like her.

No comments: