Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Plumbing and Woods Cruising

I went to Jena today at noon to help my mother-in-law with a plumbing issue.  My brother-in-law met me at her house to assist.  Surprisingly, within ten minutes we were done.  Plumbing jobs don't often go that smoothly.  So, we had time to run out to a patch of woods on the outskirts of town that brother-in-law has leased for deer hunting.  It's small, as leases go, and it's on the outskirts of town, so we have to be really careful about shooting directions.

But, this little patch of woods is full of suburban deer.  They're everywhere if the sign is any indication.  I haven't been on a deer lease since 2015 o thereabouts, so this is going to be a lot of fun.

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Yep, there should be quite a few deer up there. When I lived there as a kid, the deer were all over the place, including eating my mother's garden on a regular basis... And we ate a LOT of deer as payback... LOL

Termite said...

Suburban deer hunting is where a crossbow shines.