Monday, November 02, 2015

Duds

I've been playing this cowboy game for several months now, and it's probably time to buy some duds.  I have never tried buying clothes online, to be quite frank, I never liked buying clothes at all.  Once a year or so, I'll go to one of the box stores and buy a couple sets of jeans, and every so often I'll pick up socks, or boxers, but buying clothing isn't something I do.

Normally, I shop for clothing like a three-year-old, in that my wife will look at my wardrobe, wrinkle her nose and drag me to a clothier, make me try on stuff, and I buy what she tells me to buy. I have bought, on my own power, exactly one nice shirt in the last 15 years.  Luckily, Milady liked it.

I've never liked buying clothing online (I don't buy clothing anyway), because I'm afraid they won't fit.  However, most stores don't carry trousers with suspender buttons, so for cowboy duds, I'm  forced to click on the link.  

So, this morning, I hied myself over to this place, and ordered a set of duds.  We'll see if they fit when they come in.  Trousers, a shirt, and some suspenders.  I'm pretty sure that the suspenders will fit, and if the trousers and shirt are anywhere close to size, they should fit as well.

5 comments:

plblark said...

Duluth Trading Company has suspender buttons you can put on your own jeans.
http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/product/antique-gold-buttons-91150.aspx

Old NFO said...

Good luck with that! One never knows how the stuff will actually fit!

The Displaced Louisiana Guy said...

Good news is that most of the reenacting clothing are good about fitting. As most are mom-and-pop businesses, they wouldn't last long if you didn't know what you were getting when you order from them online.

Anonymous said...

When you get a chance, check out this place: http://www.riverjunction.com/
I personally will vouch for this fella; he's the real deal with authentic clothing. If you get a chance you HAVE to visit his stores some day. Now that would be a trip back in time!
Steve

Anonymous said...

This place is so authentic; even the floor boards creak!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNPLnuBH93I
Steve