Upgrading the range, one paycheck at a time. The little one-lane range worked good, but it was wedged into a corner. Yesterday I was able to find some more "drops" to use as backers and this morning I went to the lumber yard and bought lumber, then swung by son-in-law's place and pressed a grandson into service.
Here's a view from the deck, looking downrange.
We installed the drops on that framework and placed the targets in front of the backstop.
That galvalume metal at the bottom of each photo will be installed tomorrow, and as funds permit (one paycheck at a time), I inted to install a small deck for the targets to stand on, and another on the same level for a firing line. That should minimize the optical illusion of the ground sloping down to the right.
Still, we're making improvements one paycheck at a time. Many thanks to Zach for his grunt labor.