Monday, December 22, 2008

Monday ramblings

I got up this morning and went looking for a final Christmas gift. I walked into the mall at 9:00 and found that in umpteen-basillion suare feet of shopping space there wasn't a single gift there I liked. I did buy a card at the pharmacy, but I could have bought a card anywhere. Malls suck.

I came home to let Milady run her errands. We're watching kids today while parents work. I took out the lead pot and let it heat while the kids and I ate sandwiches for lunch, then I went to the garage and started making bullets, both the Lyman 311041 and the Lee TLC-358-180-RF. In just a matter of a few minutes I had emptied the pot and have a pile of bullets. Six-hole molds rock. I'd like to get a couple of more bullet molds, but I'm through with little 2-hole molds. If you want to cast a pile of bullets, you want the 6-hole molds.

The weather is cold for Louisiana. Lousy cold. It's still 33F on my back porch thermometer. I have to leave here about 2:00 p.m. to go to the schoolhouse and provide security for a soccer game, then later for a basketball game. I'll get home about 9:30 p.m. tonight. The only saving grace is that when it's cold outside, it doesn't take long to clear the fans out of the parking lot. The colder the better. There was a night a couple of years ago when we had a cold night, then just as the basketball game broke up, the rain turned to sleet. The fans departed at a sprint.

I guess I better go dig out my long-woolies. Those polyester uniforms do nothing to block the wind and the cold and thermal underwear is a big help.

No comments: