Saturday, December 31, 2022

Last Day

 It's the last day of 2022, and I'm not sorry to see it go.  This year has been a wild ride.

Belle always celebrates the New Year with a traditional fest.  Pork, cabbage, and black eyed peas.  Cornbread.  Because it falls this year on Sunday, we aren't sure who will show up, but we never know who will be here on Sunday.

Today, she is at a funeral in her hometown of Jena, LA.  An old classmate died.  I stayed back to get some stuff done, and while I was at it, I made a gumbo, because lunch will be here soon and that turkey we smoked for Christmas needed to be used up.  It seems like Christmas was a month ago.

The changing of the calendar is a time for reflection, and I remember wondering during the millennial celebration if I would live to see 2020.  But, I hope each of my readers has a happy, prosperous 2023.

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Happy New Year to you and yours Paw!