Sunday, December 25, 2022

Christmas Morning

 As is our tradition, Christmas morning is quiet here on our little acre.  Belle and I hosted a big celebration yesterday so that family can spend Christmas day with their kids.  We cooked big, with turkey, ham, dressing sweet potatoes, pies, cakes, candy, etc.  The one thing we forgot was the green bean casserole, but no one asked about it.

By my count, we fed 22 yesterday.  My Mom showed up, and we were proud to see her.  She is 89 and still getting around.



This morning, Belle and I are reveling in our sloth.  I have some yeast rolls proofing and the turkey carcass is in the stock pot, prepping for a gumbo later this week.  Closer to moon, I will get out the leftover ham and dressing.  I'll pop the dressing into the oven, and pan-fry the ham to heat it.  Belle will make some sliders with the yeast rolls and ham.

I hope all of y'all had a very Merry Christmas.

4 comments:

juvat said...

Merry Christmas to you and yours, PP. And a Happy New Year as well.

Termite said...

Smoked turkey gumbo.......yumm.

Judy said...

Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Old NFO said...

Merry Christmas to you and yours!