Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Voting and Guns

Our ex-president, Bill Clinton, says that voting should be as easy as buying an assault weapon.  Ha!  This, form the guy who was impeached.  Still, he's got a point.

Given the left-wing definition of assault weapon, I'll agree.  Every time I buy a rifle, I give the counter-guy my driver's license and submit to a background check.  No problem.

In some jurisdictions, you have to wait for a certain period of time, like five days.  In some jurisdictions, like New York where Bill lives nowadays, you can't buy an assault weapon at all.  Even with ID.

So, I agree with ex-president Clinton.  Voting should be as easy as legally buying an assault weapon.  As long as you have a valid ID and submit to a background check.  Next election, lets not  let the voters in New York or California vote, because they can't buy assault weapons.  Or, let's require as a prerequisite to voting, you must legally procure an assault weapon and bring it with you to the polls.  I'm sure that the Democrats would get behind that.

Bill Clinton is a staunch supporter of the 2nd Amendment.  And I've got a bridge in Arizona I'd like to talk with you about.

2 comments:

Gerry Nygaard said...

Does my much loved M1 Carbine count as an assault weapon?

Old NFO said...

I'd love to be able to buy a REAL assault weapon over the counter...