Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Back to Work

One of the benefits of being a school-house cop is that we get K-time.  All that extra time we work gets put in an account, and we take off during the summer.  During the school year we accumulate a bunch of extra hours and we take those off when school is out.  Today that comes to an end.  The teachers report today for inservice training, to get their classrooms ready, and to make preparation for the kids to show up on Friday.  So do the Resource Officers.  In another hour or so, I'm going to pull on my boots, strap on my duty belt, and go to a meeting with all the other school officer.  Summer's over, at least from a holiday perspective, and it's time to get back in harness.  It's been fun, but I'm ready to hit it hard, get it done.

I wonder what changes they made this year?  I guess I'll find out in another couple of  hours.

No comments: