Saturday, March 05, 2022

Paying The Bills

 Like everyone, I pay the bills once a month.  I've always been frugal, but when I fully retired in 2019, I had a comfortable buffer between my bills and my income.

Lately, I have noticed that my bills have gone up.  Since last year, about $500.00 per month.  Nothing has really jumped,except my electric bill, which had doubled.  But, they have all incrementally crept up a few dollars so that now I am poorer $500.00 per month over where I was last year.  

I attribute this mainly to fuel costs.

My electric bull is almost double, mainly due to fuel costs.

My sewer bull is up.  They have to put fuel in the trucks, and run pumps.

My garbage contract has risen.  Those trucks take lots of fuel.

My cable provider's bill has risen.  They use a lot of electricity.

The water bill has stayed strangely level.  It actually went down a few bucks this month.

I attribute each of these to fuel consts.  And, I put those costs directly at Joe Biden's feet, along with the green energy portion of the Democratic party.  PawPaw ain't hurting yet, but I have tightened my belt a couple of notches.

3 comments:

Jonathan H said...

Wow, mine haven't changed much but I've had other costs go up.

BobF said...

Last month's electric bill set a record since we moved her in 2000. The former record was left in the dust.

Unknown said...

I saw gas for $4.59 at the cheap place today......