Sunday, March 27, 2022

Griddle-ing Sunday

 I haven't talked about this in several years, but my Blackstone griddle is one of my go-to cooking implements.  Oh, I still use the charcoal grill sometimes, and I use the smoker when appropriate, but I've become truly fond of the griddle.

This past spring, I became the cook at the church rodeos.  Their charcoal grill was falling apart and they asked me what I liked to cook on.  You guessed it, the church bought a Blackstone griddle.

This morning, Belle wanted burgers for the Sunday lunch, and in just a few minutes, I had the griddle rolling with hamburger patties.


A trick the ladies at the church taught me:  To cook burgers ahead of time and keep them warm and most.  In a slow-cooker, make a blend of beef broth, brown gravy mix, and a healthy shake of Wooster (Worcestershire sauce.   When the family gets here in another hur, we'll eat.

Y'all have a wonderful SUnday.

No comments: