Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Fundamental Definitions

 Sitting on the crapper this morning, I was pondering the fundamental definitions of the human existence.  Specifically, pondering this exchange between Senator Blackburn and Whatshernae Jackson, the Supreme Court nominee.

SEN. BLACKBURN: “Can you provide a definition of the word ‘woman’?”

JACKSON: “No, I can’t.”

BLACKBURN: “You can’t?”

JACKSON: “I’m not a biologist.”

That exchange struck me as idiotic, bu in the current dysphoria, I realized that many people are confused by basic definitions.  A definition should be so simple that it appears at once simple and beyond reproach, even if it hides other questions, like Einstein's famous equation about ass and energy.

Suddenly, an epiphany.  By the grace of God and my immense mental facilities, I had it.

WOMAN (n): A human female who has attained adulthood.

Simple, yet elegant, we now have a definition that can be used as a basic starting point to right our country and the world.  Both simple and elegant, this may form the basis for a conpletely new science, just like Einstein's equation opened up entirely new branches of physics. 

You are welcome.  I await the call from the Nobel committee.

3 comments:

BobF said...

If you keep simplifying things you will destroy SCOTUS' air of superiority by complicating things.

be603 said...

X + Y = W(oman)

Termite said...

Errr....female is XX, male is XY.

Are you gender - confused also?