Sunday, December 02, 2012

Game Camera

I went out to the lease yesterday to check my feeders and my game camera.  I got some more shots of that goofy squirrel, but also some deer pics.  It's interesting that I'm getting deer pictures later in the day than is generally considered prime hunting hours.  For example, this pic, taken at 10:34 a.m.

If you look closely at the photo, there is a deer moving into the woodline on the opposite side of the pipeline.

I've studied that picture as closely as I am able and I suspect that's a doe, although it might be a spike buck.  It might behoove me to stay in the stand until noon.  As luck has it, the batteries on that camera died on November 18, after I last checked the card on the 15th.  Go figure.

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Yeah, they are out late... What's the feed situation down there? Lots of nuts/acorns down up here.